Posted in: Iowa City Owl
President Obama is making yet another trip to Iowa as part of his campaign for a "grassroots" event Tuesday of next week.
Obama will speak with Iowans on Tuesday of next week in Cedar Rapids as part of his re-election campaign, according to the Sioux City Journal website.
The talk at this event will be about the differences between an economy that grows from the middle out and one that grows from he top down. He will focus on topics such as energy and education as part of his economic restoration plan.
Iowa has been important to the campaign this year even though it only has six electoral votes, and Obama has not forgotten this. It is one of a group of sates that could have a major impact on the election because the support percentage is very close.
Obama's frequent visits to Iowa are well-received in general, though the general opinion regarding the election is split down the middle. Many still support Obama, but there are others that believe his economic success has not been prominent enough and the country needs to move on to a new president.
This will make Obama's second trip to Cedar Rapids this year and his fourth to Iowa this year as part of his re-election efforts in order to win over the state. It is also believed that his visits will have an impact on Democratic Congressional elections as well.
Obama, Michele and Biden have visited Iowa a total of nine times this year. Biden will visit Iowa again this summer.
- Apple Cuts iPad Mini Shipments in Half
- US Cellular service down for over five hours
- AT&T to drop Facebook Phone
- Thirty-Seven pass alcohol compliance
- Iowa City man allegedly robbed a child
- Amazon Rumored to be Developing Smartphone with Holographic 3-D Display
- U.S. Cellular to sell Apple products
- Another stabbing suspect on the loose in Iowa City
- Iowa City man crashes into Kmart
- Iowa City man arrested for beating girlfriend while she was holding their baby
- Drunk driver reports fight while driving
- New Plasma Device Developed
- Iowa City Police arret stabbing suspect in Illinois
- When You Can't Get Kids to Hit the Books
- Arrest leads to vigil in Iowa City
- Suspect wanted in stabbing
- Iowa City police arrest man applying for peace officer job
- Elemantary students make a movie